Buyers want to purchase a home that is move-in ready, and this includes the paint color. If your house is painted in very bright or unusual colors, potential buyers may be turned off or feel they can negotiate on your asking price. Neutral colors are restful to the eye, and most buyers want to live in the home awhile before deciding if they want to change the paint color.
Things to think about
- When was the last time you painted your house?
- Do your walls need to be painted a neutral color?
- If they are already neutral do they need a fresh coat of paint?
- Determine whether or not your house has a warm tone or cool tone before selecting your paint color
- Do you have wallpaper?
- Remove all wallpaper and paint a neutral color
- Do your doors and trim need a fresh coat of paint?
- Repair any holes or cracks in the walls and ceilings
- Put a fresh coat of paint on the ceiling to give the entire room a clean look