Take an objective look at your house to determine what updates and repairs are necessary. Establish a timeline and budget to determine what needs to be completed to improve the overall presentation of your home. Buyers today are looking to purchase a home that does not require work. They are also willing to pay more for a house that has been taken care of, so show them that your home is in turn-key condition.
Things to think about
- What is your timeline and budget?
- What updates have you been putting off?
- What repairs are needed?
- Repair or replace even the smallest items
- What condition are your windows in?
- What condition are your permanent light fixtures in?
- What condition are your doors and trim in?
- Do you have any holes or cracks in your walls?