Consider having your home inspected before you list it. In doing this, you will learn if there are any major repairs needed and can address them before the house goes on the market. This also shows the buyers and their agent that you have been proactive.
When it comes to finding the right home inspector, your RE/MAX agent is a great source for recommending someone. Once the inspection is completed, you will be able to determine the next steps in preparing your home for sale.
Things to think about
- What year was your house built?
- Do your lights flicker, or breakers or fuses blow?
- Do you have a fuse box or electrical panel?
- Do you have aluminum wiring, or knob and tube?
- What condition is your plumbing in?
- How old is your furnace?
- How often do you replace your furnace filters?
- Do you have a water softener?
- Is your roof in good condition?
- Are your windows in good condition?
- What condition is your foundation in?
- If you have a deck or patio, what condition are they in?
- Do you have any water problems?
- Have you had problems with mold and mildew?