“Depersonalizing” is an important step in selling your home. Since you’ve made the decision to move, you need to commit yourself and remove your identity from the house. You need to let go emotionally, and this can be a tough process. Focus on turning your home into a ”model home.” By disconnecting yourself from your house, you enable prospective buyers to emotionally connect and envision themselves living there – and not feel as if they are guests in your home.
Things to think about
- Remove all personal and family photos
- Remove all memorabilia
- Pre-pack books and music that do not appeal to a wide range of buyers
- Pre-pack your collections
- Remove and pre-pack any items that could be potentially offensive or disagreeable
- Store away and organize children’s toys, games and books